Who is the contest for?
Calling all “artsy parents”.
I define an “artsy parent” as anyone who values creativity in their parenting choices.
How do I enter?
Send a short description or example of how you are an artsy parent. You are welcome to send as many as you like. Each separate description is considered to be one entry. You can send your entry to me via email email@example.com or through the comments to this post or through my Facebook account. Posts about adult kids as well the little ones, are welcome. Please start all posts with “I know I am an artsy parent when…”
Here are some examples:
“I know I am an artsy parent when…”
– I bump into my three year old accidently while he is building Lego and he says “Mama you ruined My Vision”.
– I don’t have any branded toys in the house for fear they will interfere with my children’s creativity.
– I dig up a patch of my garden so my three year old can have his own mud pit because I read that mud is the #1 top creativity-promoting toy.
– My adult daughter rebels against her unconventional “artsy” upbringing by becoming a high stakes banker.
– My child shows up for a family wedding wearing a tie-die shirt, different colour socks, pajama bottoms and a bumble bee hat because I let her choose her own outfit.
What will you do with the entries?
All entries be put in a “hat” and I will pull the winner out of the hat.
I will also be writing a fun blog about artsy parents in the new year. If you enter your post might be included in the article.
What will the winner receive?
The winner will receive a copy of my new book The Healing Dance. See book info at http://www.the-healing-dance.com.
When does the contest close?
The contest closes on July 01, 2014 after which time the winner will be chosen